Monday, December 19, 2016

Portobelo, Again!

Almost three years ago I was in Portobelo with my previous boat, Sundowner. Now I am back with Sirocco and the difference is quite noticeable. For one, I have a full three burner stove and oven to cook with, not my Coleman stove that by this point last trip was barely holding on. In addition, though this boat isn't quite completely watertight, what a difference from Sundowner! When it rains its actually cozy and not a rainforest!

The internet here in Portobelo is less than stellar though so pictures will have to wait until I can have a few hours to upload them... It may just have to wait until I get back to the states this Saturday. I hope to have some up sometime this week though.

This week I'll be working on coordinating the transit of Sirocco through the canal. I've already submitted a Request for Line Handling Transit and need to confirm a measurement date with the Canal Authority tomorrow. In the meantime, Ed and I are just enjoying this amazing weather! It is dry and highs are in the mid 80's, lows in the mid 70s with a nice breeze at night. Similar to the snowpocalypse in the states, but completely different.

Pictures should be coming soon!

1 comment:


  1. Weather "similar but different"..... grrrrr! Safe travels home for x-mas!

    ReplyDelete