Tuesday, November 29, 2016

The Islands!

After another hard run to windward, we arrived in St. John's on Sunday afternoon, tying up to a mooring ball in Cinnamon Bay. The biggest casualty of the passage was my phone, which decided to go for a swim about 20 miles north of the islands... But I've gotten a new one, as well as a big floating waterproof bag :).

Other than the phone, no other major issues. The boat, despite traveling 2200 miles to windward over the past 20 days, is in great shape! I'm looking forward to some rest before we take the nice downwind run to Panama.

Here is a picture of Fred and I on the way past Jost Van Dyke on the way to Cinnamon Bay and one of Sirocco on the hook in Cruz Bay. I'm actually flying back from Chicago right now after a surprise visit to my girlfriend, but once I'm back in St. John's I'll upload a bunch more photos and videos that Ed took during the trip.
Coming into the islands between Jost Van Duke and Great Tobago 

Sirocco at anchor in Cruz Bay, USVI

No comments:

Post a Comment